Fit4life Members & Guests:
We hope this update finds you and your families safe and in good health. As we continue to navigate through these unprecedented times together, we thank you for your patronage and patience. We consider our members part of our extended fit4life family and we will do our best to keep you updated on the steps we are taking at our health clubs.
Kids Zone: Effective Tuesday, September 8th, 2020 we will reopen our Kids Zones in all our clubs during the hours listed below. For the safety of our members and your children we have updated our Kids Zone rules just as we have for our adult members. Our top priority is the health and well-being of you and your children!
Please be aware that each time you walk into the gym, your children will also have their temperature taken the same as you do. Any temperature of 100.3 and above the child will not be allowed to enter the kid zone and they will have to leave the premises.
As a reminder for anyone who hasn’t been back in to work out, we will close down the entire club including the kids zone 2 times a day for deep cleaning. Our clubs close everyday from 12:00pm-12:30pm and 3:30-4:00pm for a Team Cleaning. On a weekly basis our Kids Zone will also be professionally cleaned & sprayed with a disinfectant that kills all viruses.
Our group fitness classes will remain virtual and/or outside until capacity restrictions ease a bit more.
Thank you for your continued support and patronage during this unprecedented time. Please stay tuned for more updates!
New Kid Zone Hours:
Monday – Thursday
8:00am – 12:00pm 4:00pm – 8:00pm
Friday & Saturday
8:00am – 12:00pm
Please Note: If your account was frozen due to our Kids Zone being closed and you would like to unfreeze your membership, please call your home club or stop in and we will take care of you.
Attention Members & Guests:
We are closely monitoring our government updates and CDC guidelines & will continue to assess the situation and make adjustments to our operating rules.
Below is a quick FAQ in regards to your monthly billing with us.
1. Are we open?
2. What is the new process in place when you come in to workout?
- You will arrive at the front door for your workout, on your first visit you will sign in and fill out a covid19 waiver & have your temperature taken. If your temperature is 100.4 or higher you will not be permitted to workout and will be asked to go home.
- If your temperature is clear, you will be handed and assigned a disinfectant bottle and a cleaning towel and asked to clean any equipment you use before and after you workout.
- You will then proceed to the front desk to scan your fit4life card to check in for your workout. While working out we ask that you maintain 6-feet social distancing with both members and staff. If we are at capacity or close to it when you check in we will ask that you limit your workout to 75 minutes.
- Once you are done with your workout, you will check out at the check in table and return your disinfectant bottle and your dirty towel.
3. How long can someone workout
4. Will we close to clean?
5. Will we offer a “senior member only time” to workout since they are high risk?
6. What if you paid for your membership in full and lost 60 days of workout time?
7. Will annual addendum fee’s for the month of April, May & June be billed?
8. I am a personal training client. What options are available to me now?
9. Group Fitness Classes
into. We will be utilizing the services of Zoom.us ( https://zoom.us/signup) please click this link and download the free version on your cell, laptop or ipad. Please make sure you like our social media platforms as we will be utilizing them to inform our members of any changes to our online classes as well as what the schedule is.
10. Can non-members come in?
If I am a member and bring a guest what is the cost? It is the same for everyone, it would still be $25.
11. I am not comfortable with working out in the gym setting yet, what can I do?
12. What services are currently available?
- We will continue to provide 1 on 1 personal training virtually for those who want to train but aren’t comfortable working out in the gym yet. You can participate in virtual training if your membership is frozen, but you can not participate in virtual training if your personal training is frozen.
- We will continue to provide virtual classes.
- We will now offer a personal towel and cleaning bottle when you arrive, no extra charge!
- At this time kids zone and group classes will be closed temporarily and we will review the data etc. and make a determination from there.
- Guest Fee – if a non member were to workout and/or you would like to bring a friend we are not permitting 3 day guest passes until further notice. A 1 day guest pass will be $25 per day.
13. Are their updates on Group Classes and Kids Zone?
Kids zone for now will continue to be closed, we will review this in the coming days.